Friday, May 18, 2007

Edinburgh Castle

Hi,
I am now in Dublin but need to catch up on my travels in Scotland. On Tuesday (the day we went to Glasgow), we toured Edinburgh castle before leaving for Glasgow. The Castle was gorgeous. It also dates back to the 1100's like Stirling. I think Stirling Castle has much more history than Edinburgh because of all the battles fought at Stirling.
They had repaired the train tracks from Glasgow to Edinburgh so the train ride was smooth home to Waverly Station and then on the bus to the hotel.
The UK has a tremendous transportation system; it seems like you can get anywhere on the bus, train, or light rail.
On Wednesday we went to Loch Ness...I will tell you more about that later!

Remember, the world is small so keep traveling!
Mitzi

1 comment:

ColleenCP said...

I'm so excited that you are getting to see so many castles!!! Thanks for sending me a postcard - you knew I'd love it!

Make sure to share photos & have a blast!
Colleen