Friday, May 18, 2007

Irish Eyes Are Smilin'

Thursday was a travel day from Edinburgh to Dublin. I was actually sad to say goodbye to a country and a city I have fallen in love with. Our flight on RyanAir took off at 8 so we had to get up early for the airport.
The flight from EDI to Dublin is only about 50 minutes and it was pleasant. They are doing major construction in Dublin airport so allow some extra time if you are flying to and from there. Immigration was quick and we were soon in the city. My brother Rob was flying over around 3.
Our city guide Mary took us for a walk around this big city. It is very metropolitan and has some great shopping. I haven't actually been sightseeing yet so I will tell you about that soon.
We ate at an Italian restaurant in the Temple Bar area, the oldest area of Dublin with lots of pubs and galleries.
After dinner, I met up with my brother Rob and we went to drink at Farrington's. Nick and Peter were our bartenders and Shea was the singer. He dedicated "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash to us...I am not sure what the Irish think of us. We had about 3 pints each. It's so funny how they play only American music in scotland and Ireland. It's rare to hear anything else.
After the entire bar sang Brown Eyed girl, I staggered out in to the night to catch my number 7 bus back to my hotel by the sea.
Tommorow- a DART lesson and trips by the sea...oh yeah and Bono from U2!

Much love...have you bought your tickets yet? Get out there and travel.

Mitzi

No comments: